Welcome

This site is for Horror fans. We can discuss all things Horror here. Enjoy







John Marino







Thursday, March 24, 2011

Recommended Reading



While this first book by my favorite author was written in 1985 I still must recommend reading this one. Clive Barker is my favorite because he has a way mental mind "blasting" you (insert expletive there). Here is s synopsis as provided by Wiki.
I know I'm being lazy using someone elses synopsis but it's a good description of the book.


Marty Strauss, a gambling addict recently released from prison, is hired to be the personal bodyguard of Joseph Whitehead, one of the wealthiest men in the world. The job proves more complicated and dangerous than he thought, however, as Marty soon gets caught up in a series of supernatural events involving Whitehead, his daughter (who is a heroin addict), and a devilish man named Mamoulian, with whom Whitehead made a Faustian bargain many years earlier, during World War II. As time passes, Mamoulian haunts Whitehead using his supernatural powers (such as the ability to raise the dead), urging him to complete his pact with him. Eventually Whitehead relents and chooses to meet with Mamoulian as Marty races to prevent whiteheads daughter becoming entangled as Whitehead seeks to escape his fate.

2 comments:

  1. Hello, John. New follower here. I found your site and was deciding whether to follow when I saw your review of "The Damnation Game". Great book. I'm not as sure about his later works, but the first few novels from Mr. Barker should be required reading for the horror enthusiast.
    I'll look forward to future posts,

    -James

    ReplyDelete
  2. James,

    Required reading I like that idea! Sorry it took me a week to answer but I took a week off from writing to spend time playing poker, my other passion. Thanks for following the site hope you enjoy.

    John

    ReplyDelete